CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Jewelry Booth at Geetanjali Event

Hi everyone,  A warm hello to you all.

It's been a while I posted anything in this space. So I figured what better chance to post again. I had an opportunity to put up a Jewelry booth at an Asha organized musical performance show, Geetanjali.

 
I had setup a booth last year but for handmade cards, not jewelry with two other friends and much better pros at card making Chaitali and Pooja.  I think we raised more money from cards than my jewelry, but no amount is insignificant in my mind, when it comes to donations and fundraising for a good cause. We had a lot of roadblocks yesterday, started with power outage for two hours which delayed the show and people were not to excited to look at the jewelry in the dark while being confused about whether the show will happen or not. But I have to say, there was an old-aged couple who came by and the uncle switched on his flashlight keychain while his wife looked at the jewelry and I switched on my cell phone flashlight. She actually bought 3 sets and convinced another lady to buy earrings. This simple gesture had warmed my heart and made my day. That was the biggest sale of about $65 I made. Other than that there are few folks who bought some earrings. But that was about it.

Usually folks stop by during the dinner break to checkout what's there but given the power failure, there was no break. And volunteers left and my role changed from selling jewelry to helping in different roles as I am also an active volunteer with Asha.  There was so much confusion all around, lack of volunteers had made it even more difficult but I am glad everything was okay at the end. Whoever was there helped their best to move things forward and make the event succeed. Besides all the obstacles, the show was a great success, though my jewelry was not so much of a success. But hey, I am hoping there will be lot more opportunities like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.