CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Trying my hand on acrylics

As you probably know by now, any thing related to arts or crafts catches my interest.  I always wanted to learn some form of art since I was a kid. Since I already know I am really bad at performing arts like dance, music, acting, etc. fine arts always caught my interest. But I never had the confidence to try it.The last one year I had indulged so much into crafts, that now I got some confidence.

This year, I decided to try something new as always. So I joined an acrylics class in the neighborhood. I have been going for past three weeks but the last two weeks has been just basics that I didn't even get to paint much. Finally this week, we got our hands dirty. We were asked to paint a vase that was kept in front of us all. Here is what I had made. As you can see, one thing I realized is that not everyone can be an artist, clearly not me. :) But wanted to share my little achievement. :) This looks like a kid's painting but I guess it is one of my first paintings. :)
Today I went to one of the Paint and Sip events and managed to paint another acrylic art. This also is pretty naive, but two paintings in a week is something that i have never done and hence I am happy about it. Hopefully will soon learn to paint different shades and shadows so they look real and 3D instead of this flat 2D paintings. :)
As always, I will be updating my blog with the updates and would love tips and suggestions and feedback from all you readers. Thanks for taking your time to visit my blog. 

1 comments:

Winnie

I think they came out great! Love the colors in both and your flowers turned out great. Funny thing, I tried my first acrylic painting this year. I took a class with Dina Wakley and it was a painting birds on canvas. It was my first time, and I had FUN and I was nervous trying it at first, but I hung it up in my stamp room. I picked up the new acrylics this week (distress paint) by Tim Holtz. I can't wait to try it. Have a great weekend.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.