CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 9, 2013

My first charcoal drawing

As I had mentioned in my earlier post, this year is about exploring different forms of art and figuring out what I like best. For any form of painting, you know you need to know some drawing skills. So I thought I will do a basic drawing workshop. I did just that last Saturday. They thought us drawing basic shapes, some shadowing techniques etc. But the part that I was interested in, drawing faces, figures etc. is something we did not even get to. I wanted to practice a little bit of that. So this morning I got up and I was in the mood to draw.



I did not know where to start. So I picked the easiest. There was an image of a girl as a cover of newsprint journal we use for drawing. I did not get the face exactly right and I did not even get the facial features right. But hey, who gets it right the first time right? This just means I need to practice a lot more. :)


Next one was  a painting that my friend had gifted me - a rose that is on my living room wall. I tried to draw that and here is my attempt. This does not do justice to the painting, his painting is so much more better. :) I also need to try  painting that using acrylics.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.