CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thank You cards for Asha Poker event

Asha, the non-profit I volunteer for, is hosting a Poker tournament tomorrow. So I was approached by one of the volunteer to make 10 Thank You cards. Of course I did not have anything ready to go. But since it's been ages, I got a chance to make cards at home, I readily said I will make them. I had no idea what I was going to make however. :)

I tried couple of ideas but not every day, you can get creative. Especially when you have had a long day and you got back home tired, there is no way you can think straight. So I resorted to an old friend to rescue - my Silhouette Cameo. I had not even unpacked this stuff out of the boxes after I moved apartments in August. So it was a challenge to get this all working. I set it up, and browsed through some designs in online Silhouette library and liked one Thank You card template. I never used these templates before, so you can imagine that also was an experience. I downloaded the template, un-grouped all the parts as I had to print each piece on a different pattern paper. Though it meant less work on my side, it took forever to cut all these shapes for 10 cards. So waiting for all these pieces to be cut patiently was a huge task.

After that was done, I quickly put them all together. On second thought I should have used brown for the white pieces I added, but I like how it came out. Check it out and let me know what you think.


Paper used: Recycled paper for the card, polka dot pattern paper from Michael's I believe, do not remember anymore:)
Everything else: Silhouette Cameo's magical powers :)

4 comments:

Emkay

Really pretty!

Winnie

They will love to recieve them. I think they are very pretty. Love the use of the white as the pattern shows up very nicely. I am wanting a Cameo..oh boy...Have cuttlebug, Cricut, Vagabond..hubby will disown me.. Can'tw ait to hear how they like them. Good luck with the fund raiser.

Marcy

These are all so cute! :)

Margaret

Very lovely. Great job.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.