CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Whimsical Felt Bird

As always, I keep looking for ways to learn new techniques, new crafts and new ideas. This week also, I got a chance to learn something new. I learnt to make felt birds. I remember growing up, I used to see home decor that was made with cute little birds hanging on a string and always liked them. Though they are made of shiny fabric, I at least learnt to make them out of felt. And I like what I made today. You can see it is an amateur work, but with practice, perfection will come automatically.


This was a class at Impress, my favorite stamps store in Bellevue. It was pretty easy to make if you know how to cut the shapes. With cameo or with Cuttlebug and Sizzix dies, I am assuming it is going to be even more easy. This is one more thing that they mentioned in A Cut above class which I am yet to try. But this one is cut out by tracing a cardboard shaped piece on felt using a marker and then cutting it with scissors. 


7 comments:

Winnie

Sooo adorable. Those are such good gifts! I love the details on him..Love the button on the wing and the color of him.

Paige

Adorable Prema! What a fun and whimsical decoration for the home!

Margaret

So adorable. What a cute mobile some of those would make for a nursery! I can just see them all in bright colors dancing around from strings.

Emkay

That is so cute!

Nancy

Prema, your little bird is just adorable! Trying new crafts is so much fun. Good for you!

paperiedreams

So cute! Great project! :)

Dorlene Durham

Very cute Prema. I love it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.