CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Sudha !!

It's my good friend Sudha's Birthday tomorrow. She lives in Bay area and I already mailed her a card. But we both have a tradition of wishing each other at midnight on our birthdays for many years now. So I wanted to wish her today also. While I was waiting for the clock to tick 12 and had nothing to do, I thought I should try some of the techniques that are being taught at A Cut Above class online. I really liked the butterfly Jennifer made in today's class with Glitter and I decided to give it a try.

I don't exactly have the same glitter or the tape or the diecut. But I used double sided scotch tape and some glitter I had at home. I used copper color for the stems and blue color for the flowers. The die-cut I used is from Memory Box. I started with white card stock and didn't think much or had any idea of where I was headed.  So I ended up with a full white card front with just the flowers. To add some dimension, I sponged Old Paper Distress Ink all over and added a bow.


Since I made it while waiting to wish my friend, I thought I will dedicate this also to her. Many Happy Returns of the Day Sudha !!


11 comments:

Winnie

Prema: Such a lovely card for your friend. Isn't this class a blast? I have to catch up on the cards this weekend as I have only done day 1 and 2 so far. Your flowers look great with the old paper highlighting them. Happy Birthday to your friend. I am sure this card will make her day.

Athina

Just stunning!

Margaret

This is so elegant in its simplicity. Great job and the bow adds just the right touch. What a sweet tradition for you and your friend.

AnnMarie

This is such a pretty card! Love how soft it looks! Big happy birthday to your friend too! :)

Carolina Little

Prema, so simple and so beautiful... well done!!!

Pam

Very cool technique. Happy Birthday Sudha!

Paige

So simple and elegant at the same time - love it!

cparsons

Simply elegant, I like your style Prema:)

paperiedreams

A very pretty and unique card! :)

Pranjali Karia (Nisha Thakkar)

loved this one!! Happy Birthday Sudha!

Emkay

So pretty!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.