CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pradeep's Birthday


This April is full of my friend's birthdays. Never realized I have so many friends who are all born in the month of April. Seems like I gel well with Aries and Taurus folks. :) 

This time it is my friend Pradeep's birthday and it's tomorrow. I have to say, making a birthday card for guys is so much harder than for girls. My style is more feminine I think. I like more flowers, ribbons, nature, scenery etc. But for a guy's card, I wasn't sure if I could use any of those. So I ended up using some neutral colors. I think polka dots is still girly but all the stripes I had were a little darker and I did not like to make it a dark card. So I still went with polka dots and ribbons, but used a stamp from Digi Doodle Shop called "Special Delivery" and colored it with copic markers and cut it out. Replaced the small cupcake with a bigger one that I cut out.



I stamped the inside of the card with the below sentiment and I matched the inside with the cupcake that's on the card front. Clearly I need to make more guy's cards. :)


This one goes to Day 53- Super Sketchy Sunday challenge on 365 cards. And here is the sketch.


13 comments:

Caroline Tan

the card is so cute. love the little tag.

Emkay

Such a sweet card. And who wouldn't love a giant cupcake like that?

Pradeep

Hi Prema, thanks for your wishes and for this very sweet and special card. Lucky to have a friend with special talents.

Pam

Very nice!!! Great image!

Eryn

Very nice! Masculine cards are harder, it is something I need to practice too.

AnnMarie

Great card! :)

Chaitali Narla

Thats a fab card! Congrats on getting hooked on copics :)

Athina

What a cute image! Your coloring looks great!

J.Beare

I love that chef ! I need that to do something for my kitchen! great card..your coloring si very nice on it!

Rose

cute and yummy!!
thanks for joining us on 365 Cards :)

annieambriel

Lovely card. Love the chef and cake..yumminess :)

wendipooh13

how fun!!! Great image and wonderful card!!!!

Pranjali Karia (Nisha Thakkar)

Very nice!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.