CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Encrusted Pendant

Today was Jewelry kinda day. I went to Ben Franklin store the other day and saw this pendant on display. I inquired if they were teaching a class for that and of course, they were. Ben Franklin was the starting point for all my crafts hobbies besides sewing. I started with a beginners class there on earrings and started making jewelry. Took a class for knitting and made scarfs etc. Same with the cards. You get the idea. I have never gone beyond the basics class but I liked the pendant.

So here it is. Today was the class and it was really simple to make it. All I needed was a beading wire (size 26 for this), bigger bead for the center, some smaller beads. And it took an hour including the instructions to make this and picking up the beads etc. I just picked up the chain there too.

The one I saw on the display was a lavender one but that bead was not there today, so I went with red oval bead. I added some swarovski crystals of red and transparent colors and the remaining are pearls of different colors. The instructor's name was Gauri Pabbati, and she has 12 years of experience in jewelry making but I was taking her class for the first time.

I liked what the instructor told us today about color choices. She said, "In the nature there is no color match. If you see Green color on the leaves, there are different shades of greens but the flowers are all different colors and greens go with any color and is considered neutral. It can be used to mellow down any other grand color or to stand out. It's the nature, it cannot help but match. Similarly, the skies are blue and there are different shades of blue but can be matched with any greys, whites, silver shades". I thought it was brilliant, as I never thought of color matching that way. If you look at this pendant, I used shades of green, red, brown, white and even dark pink shades. But it blended so well.

Watch out for more pendants to come. Of course, I am going to get playful and try my hand on different versions of this pendant.

1 comments:

Dorlene Durham

Very, very nice!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.