CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 9, 2012

Bookmarks

I thought I should give a vote of thanks to Kim O'Connell from Paper Perfect Designs. While I was searching for "how to make bookmarks", I ran into some bookmarks made by Kim on Pinterest. I visited this link which had listed everything that she used to make those bookmarks. Then it was a matter of me getting all the stamps needed from Paper Trey Ink and then I got to work. It took a lot of time for me as I did not have the punches she mentioned.  I think each one took about 15 mins and I made about 16 of them. So it was time consuming.

I can totally see how it would be easier to use punches for these. I did a mix and match of color palette to make all these bookmarks, so they won't look the same  Also I made slight variation here. I used silk thread while she used ribbon. I was trying to make a tassel but didn't turn out to be a tassel but still looked good.







Here is another closeup with just two.

I used different designer paper sheets from 6x6 designer paper pads. I used Rose Red, Cherry Cobbler, Pacific Point, Chocolate chip, Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry inks from Stamping up for inking these stamps.











I made another variation from an idea that I found on Pinterest too. But I didn't save that link and I improvised it totally based on the idea. These were much simpler to make as I just used a stamp and then used stickers for the flowers and butterflies.I used Old Olive from Stamping up.




3 comments:

Pam

I love the bookmarks!!! Great job!

AnnMarie

Very pretty! :)

Pranjali Karia (Nisha Thakkar)

CUTE!!! Loved the most..

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.