CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 29, 2012

All Boy ... Sort of

Every card I make is an experiment in itself, as I take a long time to think about what I want to make, and try to incorporate something new I learnt. Today's card is also such a card. As I mentioned earlier in my blog posts, that I find it hard to make cards for guys. And I do believe in "Try and try until you succeed.", though I know it does not apply to everything. :)

My goal for today was to make a guy's card, and include one new technique I learnt. The technique I learnt in "A cut above" class was to make embellishments from traditional die-cuts.  They taught us by cutting a star from ribbons. And I exactly followed the steps, but with a twist. Saturday's challenge on 365 card was to make a boy's card but without using blue color. Hence my alternative was green ribbons instead of blue. They created a jeans background and I used an old paper pattern, distressed it with Crushed Olive distress ink. You remember I mentioned, I am bad at distressing, so I wanted to fix that too. :) And here is my try. I figured what I was doing wrong. I was inking the foam pad at the edges when inking it. But now I tried inking the whole foam pad and it came out much cleaner.  I also distressed the edges with Vintage photo distress ink

The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts. I heat embossed it with opaque white embossing powder, and used a white marker to draw lines around. I think finally this card looks a little more guy-ish than my earlier try. :)


This one goes to 365 Card challenge - "Day 59 : All Boy ... Sort of".

6 comments:

paperiedreams

Very nice boy card! I need more techniques for this so thanks for sharing! :)

Dana

I also have major trouble making guy cards. Maybe because the guys in my life don't really appreciate them! LOL

Love the colors and the detailing around the edge of the card!

Athina

It is a perfect card for a guy! Love your die cut technique.

Jackie

Very, very cute! I need to make more masculine cards since that's hard for me as well....TFS!!!

AnnMarie

Wow!!! Great card!! Love that ribbon star!! Very cool technique and your distressing looks super! :)

Dorlene Durham

LOVE this card!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.