CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 1 : New Beginnings

Today marks the first day of 365 Cards Challenge. I have been thinking about it for a while as I was following my friend Chaitali's blog. I was inspired by her and decided to participate.

As the 365 Cards Challenge mentions, not just new babies, new house but there a lot of occasions that qualify as new beginnings. Lot of ideas came to mind - graduation, new job, moving to new place, new friendships, new partner, etc. So I thought it would be easy to pick one. Believe me, it is not easy. First of all I do not have all the equipment, like Cameo/Cricut to cut any shapes or labels I want. And I do not have all the stamps either. So I went shopping this evening to find some relevant stamps. I had so many ideas to start with but did not find a single stamp to go with. Finally I settled in with inviting the new season, Spring. Spring marks the new beginnings in a lot of ways and March, as they say means "March Forward". With that thought in mind, I decided to showcase some flowers, some greenery. Here is my try to make the first card of 365 card challenge.The idea I had was "Best Wishes for welcoming the new season."



This is one more experiment with Color Markers.  I am excited to have finished the first card of the challenge and there is more to come. Hope you like it. Please leave your feedback in the comments section.

3 comments:

Jen @ Creating with the J's

Very nice job on your card. The sunflowers definitely take me to the thoughts of gardening and all the new things about to sprout in my back yard. I am off to be a follower as well! I am contemplating this challenge myself. Hopefully later on today!

Michelle Looi

There's a lot of elements there, nice details
Thanks for joining D1 at 365cards!

Caroline Tan

Artsy!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.