CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The first few jewelry designs I made

I was walking through Ben Franklin a few months back and saw someone teaching making simple ear rings with beads and got fascinated with the idea. I went and listened in. Sounded exciting and I decided to take a class thinking they will teach more. Of course I learnt how to make ear rings. But nothing more. Since then, my curiosity increased. I was looking at any and every jewelry I could find and I decided to give it a try on my own.

I got some beads, and asked the folks in the store how to bead a wire and close the ends. They gave me a booklet that I could learn from. I got it and started trying different variations of them. Now I think I am getting a feel of it. Though I think there is a long way to go, I think at least I am headed in the right direction. So before I forget all about my first few designs, I thought I should upload them and share with you all. So someday when I look back, I have an archive for it.  Here are some pics of that jewelry.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pgrandhi/tags/jewelry/

Please leave your suggestions as comments on which of those you like or don't like. That would give me an idea of what works best for everyone.

More jewelry to come and I will keep you all posted. In the meanwhile enjoy. Few things I tried in these.

  1. Wiring bead earrings - You need beads, flat head pins, pliers, ear ring hooks 
  2. beading pearl chains /crystal chains - You need beads, beading wire, crimping beads, spacer beads, crimping tool
  3. Chaining the beads- round head pins, pearls/beads, round nose and flat nose pliers, pendants if you like
I will explain these in detail when I get a chance at least one of each style, so you know what I mean. But for now, adios. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.