CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My first sewing project - A baby blanket

Here is my first sewing project outcome. I chose the most difficult fabric to work with. Lesson learnt. Not sure of the dimensions either. When I bought the size they mentioned in the pattern 1yard, it looked too big for a baby blanket. So I went by my instinct and thought it cant be that bad. Especially for a new born, how big blanket would you need. So I made one. Will have to see how the soon-to-be-mommy likes it. This blanket, I made for Priya's baby shower this coming weekend. Hopefully she will like it. Since Raghav said she likes something more personal, I thought giving her something that I made myself might be a good gift. Since I wanted to learn sewing anyway, thought it would be a simpler project but let me tell you it is not easy. Working with cotton is much more easier. I am also working on a tote bag which I will soon finish. Though it is lot more precision and detail oriented project, it is much easier than working with this minkee fabric.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments/suggestions below.